Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
HOLLINGBOURN, a village four miles east of Maidstone station. The church of All
Saints is a neat edifice. The living is a vicarage; the Rev. C. Hall, M.A., is
the incumbent. The population in 1851 was 1,302. The union workhouse contains
300 inmates. Eyhorn Street is half a mile S.W.; Park Gate, one mile south; New
England, one mile and a half S.W.; Woodcut Hill, two miles S.W.; Greenway, one
POST-OFFICE.- William Lampard, Receiver. Letters arrive from Maidstone.
Public Houses in Hollingbourne
Blackett, _, Esq.
Duppen, B. P., Esq.
Hall, Rev. 0., M.A.
Sedwick, Charles, Esq.
Thomas, Richard, Esq.
Watt, James, Esq.