Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
HOUGHAM and POULTON.- Hougham is a parish adjoining Dover. The population in
1851 was 2,131. Christ Church, in this Parish, is situated in Dover. The living
is a vicarage, in the patronage of the Archbishop of Canterbury. West Hougham.
is a hamlet half a mile east of Capel Church ; Hougham Court is half a mile from
Poulton is a small parish situated among the hills near Dover. The population in
1851 was 28. The church has long since fallen into decay, of which there are no
remains left. It was dedicated to St. Mary.
Letters are received through Dover, which is also the nearest Money Order