Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
HUCKING is a parish, six miles from Maidstone station, and seven miles
from Sittingbourne. The population in 1851 was 131. The church of St.
John is built in the Norman structure. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of
the Archbishop of Canterbury; the Rev. Edward Hasted, M.A., is the incumbent.
Gotteridge is one mile and a half S.E.
Letters are received through Sittingbourne, which is also the nearest Money
Champion, Henry, farmer
Clinch, Richard, farmer
Morgan, George, smith and farrier
Shearwood, Mrs. Elizabeth, Hook and Hatchet
Sage, Thomas, farmer
Taylor, John, farmer, Cold Blow