Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
IVY CHURCH is a village, three miles north from New Romney, and eight from Ashford. The population in 1851 was 264. The church is dedicated to St. George. The living is a rectory, in the patronage of the Archbishop of Canterbury; the Rev. Thomas James Boys, M.A., curate.
Letters received through New Romney, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Boys, Rev. T. James, .M.A., Rectory
Giles, Samuel, Esq.
Giles, Thomas, Esq.
Bates, Isaac, grazier and farmer
Butler, Thomas, grazier and farmer
Butler, Thomas, farmer
Cobb, Thomas, grazier and farmer
Edward, John, Bell Hotel
Harmer, George, wheelwright and machine maker
Kingsnorth, Henry, farmer
Palmer, Henry, shopkeeper and farmer
Sacre, Joseph, parish clerk
Wood, Samuel, engineer