Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
KEMSING is a parish and village, three miles and a half north from Sevenoaks.
The parish is two miles square, and had a population of about 376 in 1851. The
church is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The living is a vicarage, with Seal
Letters are received through Sevenoaks, which is also the nearest Money Order
Ray, John, Esq.
Public Houses in Kemsing
Allan, Mrs Ann, shopkeeper
Allan, Robert and David, tailors
Bloxall, Adam, Chequers
Browning, William, hop planter
Bull, John, shopkeeper
Cope, Edward J, national school
Gearing, William, beer retailer
Holden, K, blacksmith
Jeffry, William, Bell
Kipps, George, butcher
Kipps George, carpenter
Kipps, Mrs. Sarah, schoolmistress
Larking, Joseph, farmer
Morphew, William, hop planter
Summers, Stephen, farmer
Turner, Mrs. Elizabeth, hop planter
Turner, George, farmer, etc.
Whitlock, George, farmer