Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
KINGSNORTH is a parish and small village two miles and a half south.
of Ashford. The church of St. Michael is small and ancient. The living is
a rectory in the gift of John Alleston, Esq., the Rev. Richard Baldock is the
incumbent. The population in 1851 was 424. Snell Hatch is half a mile
S.W.; Park House, half a mile N.; West Hawk, half a mile N.W.; Beaver,
one mile and a half north; Billham, one mile east; Cheeseman's Green,
Collier's Hill, Sill. Broad Oak, and Chequer Tree, two miles S.E,; Mountford,
Mountfilde, or Munford, half a mile south,
was a seat of the Woodchurch Clarkes in the middle ages. To the north of the
parish is Marshland, and to the south Woodland.
Post Office - William Theobald, Receiver, The nearest Money Order Office is at
Baldock, Rev. Richard, M.A., Rectory