Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
KINGSTON is the next parish eastward from Bishopsbourne, and is five
miles S.E. from Canterbury, and 86 miles from London. The church is
dedicated to St Giles, and consists of one aisle and chancel, being small and,
neat. The living is a rectory, and the Rev. Philip George Bartlett is the
incumbent. The population in 1851 was 310. Elmstone is half-a-mile
east; Charlton Park, one mile N.W.; Telden, one mile N.E.; Digg's Place,
half-a-mile S.E.; Heart's Delight, one mile south.
Letters received through Canterbury, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Public Houses in Kingston
Bartlett, Rev. Philip George
Stephenson, Ernest, Esq.
Beer, William, carpenter
Coltham, James, Black Robin
Ford, Edward, shopkeeper Bobbins, John, farmer
Hooper, John, farmer
Kelsey, George, farmer
Newport, William, fruiterer
Philpot, Stephen, Dog, and Blacksmith
Smith, George, farmer
White, Thomas, miller