Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
LEAYELAND or LEVELAND, five miles south, of Faversham, and eight miles north of Ashford. Its population in 1851 was 99. The church of St. Lawrence is a small building. The living is united with that of Badlesmere.
POST-OFFICE - Thomas Smith, Receiver. The nearest Money Order Office is at Charing.
Amos, William, farmer
Smith, Thomas, grocer, and post-master
Wilmington, John, wheelwright and farmer