Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Gentry in 1858
Public Houses in Lee
Traders in 1858 Melvilles Directory
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
LEE is a suburb of London, in the lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, Blackheath hundred,
and Lewisham union. The population in 1851 was 3,552. The parish church is an
ancient edifice. There is also a new church dedicated to St. Margaret, which is
a very handsome building.
POST-OFFICE. - Sarah Cave, Postmistress, Lee Green. London letters arrive from
Dartmouth Row station. The nearest Money Order Office is at Lewisham.
Police Station, Lee Green. - Henry Guy, Inspector.
Savings' Bank, Boone Street.
PLACES OF WORSHIP AND SCHOOLS.
Christ Church, Lee Park. - Rev. William F. Simms, M.A., Incumbent
St. Margaret's Church. - Rev. George Lock, M.A., Rector.
Baptist Chapel, High road.
Baptist Chapel, Kingswood place.
Weslyan Chapel, Boone street.
National school, Church street. - Infants, Miss Davey, Mistress.