Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
Public Houses in Leigh
LEIGH, a village and parish, four miles west from Tunbridge, and six miles south
from Sevenoaks. The population in 1851 was 1,161. The church of St. Mary is an
ancient edifice. The living is a vicarage; patron and incumbent, Rev. Thomas
POST-OFFICE. - John Humphrey, Receiver. Letters arrive from Tunbridge, which
is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Bailey, Thomas, Esq., Hale place
Combs, Henry Jamesj Esq., Hollanden
Dear, _, Esq.
Gregory, Charles F., Esq.
May, Miss Jane, Kennel's Cottage
May, Rev. Thomas, M.A., Vicarage
Saint, Mrs. Mary, Cottage