Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
LITTLEBOURNE,, or the Little Brook, is on a branch of the river Stour
and road from London to Sandwich, four miles east of Canterbury, eight,
west of Sandwich, and 85 from London. The population, in 1851, was
745. The Church of St. Vincent is a commodious building ; the Rev. John
Woodcock, M.A., Vicar. Lee Priory adjoins the village. Garrington is one
mile south; Hastling, three quarters of a mile S.E.; Howletts, one mile
S.W.; Woolton, one mile and a half, S.W.; Wildcourt, one mile and a half
west; Swanton, one mile and half N.W.; Ellbridge, one mile and a half N.W.
POST-OFFICE - James Solly, Receiver. The nearest Money Order Offices are at
Canterbury and Wingham.
Public Houses in Littlebourne
Barnard, Samuel, Esq.
Denne, Denne, Esq., Elbridge House
Davinson, Mr. Vincent
James, Captain Charles
Kittgsford, Henry, Esq.
Thorn, James, Esq.
Woodcock, Rev. John, M:A., vicarage