Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
Lynsted public houses
LINSTEAD or LYNSTEAD is a large village three miles S.E. of Sittingbourne, and
five miles west of Faversham. In 1851 the population was 1,806. The church is
dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul. The living is a vicarage in the gift of the
Archdeacon of Canterbury; the Rev. John Hamilton, M.A., Vicar. Green Street, one
mile and a half north; Scuttington or Scuddington is half a mile west; Wood
Street, half a mile north ;
Bogle, half a mile N.E.; Dedman or Dadman is three quarters of a mile south.
POST-OFFICE - William Henry Fairbeard, Post-Master. The nearest Money
Order Office is at Sittingbourne.
Church, Mr. James, Green Street
Fairman, Samuel Creed, Esq., MillersHouse
Hamilton, Rev. John, M.A.
Leese, Mr. Edward
Tyler, Colonel C. H., Linsted Lodge
Rees, Rev. _ M.A., Green Street