Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
MEREWORTH is a village, seven miles west from Maidstone, three miles S.W. from
Town Malling, and two miles and a half from Wateringbury railway station. The
church is a handsome stone building, which is dedicated to St. Lawrence. The
living is a rectory, in the gift of the Le Despencer family, who have a seat
here. The population in 1851 was 912.
POST-OFFICE. - Richard Newman, Postmaster, Letters arrive from Maidstone.
Crossley, Mr. Henry
Falmouth, Right Honourable Viscount, Mereworth Castle ,
Falmouth, Viscountess, Mereworth Castle
Harryman, Mr. Williami Yoke's Court
SStapleton, the Hon. and Rev, Sir Francis, Rectory
Public Houses in Mereworth