Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Mottingham is later a suburb of London SE19, and found under Blackheath in 1938
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
MOTTINGHAM is a hamlet, partly in the parish of Eltham, and partly in
that of Chislehurst, West Kent, one mile south from Eltham, and two and a
half from the Blackheath Railway station. The population in 1851 was 131.
In addition to the Porcupine, there is also a Prince of Wales public house.
Letters received through Eltham, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Baines, Henry R., Esq.
Carter, George, Esq.
Hartley, James, Esq., Ferry hall
McLeod, Thomas, Esq.
Wales, Charles, Esq.
Brown, William H., farmer
Golding, David, Porcupine
Hyde, Edward, blacksmith
Knight, John, farmer
Knight, Richard, wood dealer