Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
NACKINGTON is a parish about two miles and a quarter S.W. of
Canterbury, and 83 from London. There is no regular village, the houses
being scattered. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The living is a
perpetual curacy, in the gift of the Archbishop of Canterbury, and incumbency
of the Rev. Henry Fielding, M.A. It contains 140 inhabitants.
Letters received through Canterbury, which is also the nearest Money Order
Hilton, Capt. Thomas, Nackington House
Collard, Thomas, farmer and hop planter
Matcham, Charles, carpenter
Mount, George, farmer and hop planter
Mount, Henry, farmer and hop planter
Mount, Plomer, farmer and hop planter
Stane, Edward, Farmer