Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Public Houses in Northbourne
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
NORTHBOURNE is a straggling village, three miles west of Deal, and four south of
Sandwich. The population in 1851 was 880. The church is a large building.
The living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the Archbishop of Canterbury, and
incumbency of Rev. Egerton Douglas Hammond. Finglesham, Little Betshanger,
Marley How Bridge, and Cold Harbour, are hamlets in this parish. Tickenhurst is
a detached part of the parish, with 25 inhabitants.
POST OFFICE. - Joseph Gibson, Receiver. Letters arrive from Deal. The nearest
Money Order Office is at Deal.
Hammon, Charles, Esq. | Hammond, Rev. Egerton D.
Ash, John, farmer
Belsey, John, farmer
Belsey, Edward, farmer
Belsey, Franklin, farmer
Bullock, William, blacksmith
Burrows, Mr., farmer
Castle, Stephen and William, farmers
Pile, Mrs., farmer
Fuller, Richard, miller
Gibson, Joseph, grocer and post-master
Harvey, Squire, farmer
Harvey, Thomas, miller and cooper
Harvey, William, farmer
Heritage, Henry, farmer
Inge, William, farmer
Jacob, John, farmer
Jenning, Robert F., farmer
Kember, Mrs. Ann, beer retailer
Mackney, Thomas, farmer
Mercer, Samuel, market gardener
Nethersole, Michael, farmer
Nethersole, William, Hare and Hounds
Pritcbard, James, shopkeeper
Scarlett, Thomas, carpenter
Wanstall, William, carpenter
Wilson, William, farmer
Wybourne, Thomas, farmer