Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Castle public house
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
OARE is a parish two miles N.W. of Faversham, in Faversham union and hundred,
lathe of Scray. The population in 1851 was 195. The church is dedicated to St.
Peter; the living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Archbishop of
Canterbury; the Rev. Alfred L. Winter, M.A., is the incumbent.
POST-OFFICE. - Edward Johncock, Receiver. The nearest Money Older Office is at
Winter, Rev. A. L., Parsonage.
Baker, John, bricklayer
Crust, John, bailiff to Mr. Fairman, Pheasant
Redman, George & Isaac, oyster merchants
Gurney, John, coast-guard, Station, Oare Stray
Payne, John, coal merchant
Phillips, William, coast-guard, Station
Ray, James, Three Mariners
Stround, Henry, wheelwright
Taylor, James, parish clerk
White, Thomas, shopkeeper