Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
OTTERDEN is a parish and village, 10 miles N.E. of Headcorn station; three N.E. of Lenham, and seven south of Faversham. The population in. 1851 was 101. The church is an elegant building of brick and stone. The living is a rectory, the Rev. W. A. Panton, M.A., is the incumbent. Slade is one mile west; Hurst half a mile S.W.
Letters received through Maidstone, the nearest Money Order Office is at Charing.
Ballard, Thomas, farmer, Blue House
Booman, G., butcher, Hall place
Brenchley, Charles, farmer, Hurst Farm
Bushell, Thomas, farmer, Stubberfield
Bushell, Henry, farmer
Clinch, James, farmer, Rood Farm
Clinch, William, farmer, Slade Farm
Croucher, Jacob, parish clerk
Elvey Charles, farmer, Snoad Farm
Harrison, John, farmer, Riggs Hall
Jenkins, Henry, farmer, Norton Hall
Whitebread, Jesse, farmer, Slade Farm