Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
PADDLESWORTH, sometimes styled PALSWORTH, is a small parish to the South of
Acrise, four miles N.W. of Folkestone. The church is dedicated to St. Oswald,
and is the smallest in the county. The population in 1851 was 50. Redsal is half
a mile east.
Letters received through Hythe. The nearest Money Order Offices are at
Folkestone and Hythe.
Finch, Henry, blacksmith.
Fox, Robert, Old Red Lion
Hogben, Nicholas, carpenter
Marsh, Robert, farmer and parish clerk
Woollett, Daniel, farmer