Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
PLAXTOL is a small village and parish., four miles south of Wrotham, six S.W. of
Malling, and six north of Tunbridge station. Here is a district church, Stanley
Grange is a seat; Spout and Allons are half a mile east; Broadfield and Old
Scar, one mile east; Dunk's Green half a mile south; Fair Lawn, half a mile
west; Button's Bourn, half a mile north.
Plaxtol public houses
POST-OFFICE - George Knight, Receiver. Letters are received through Sevenoaks.
The nearest Money Order Offices are at Sevenoaks and Hadlow.
Moys, Rev. Richard, M.A., Parsonage
Ryley, Rev. Edward, M.A