Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
PRESTON adjoins Faversham on the south. The living is a vicarage in the patronage of the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church is dedicated to St. Catherine. Brents Town is a hamlet on the opposite bank of the creek; Ewell is one mile east; Marnade half a mile east; Westwood three-quarters of a mile S.E ; Copton one mile S.E.; Perrycourt quarter of a mile south ; Brogdale three quarters of a mile south ; White Hill one mile south; Bysing Wood one mile west; Sindall one mile west; Judd's Hill half a mile west; Hemstead Fostal two-miles S,W;.; Painters Postal.two miles S.W.;
Elverland three miles' S.W.; Scooks three miles and a quarter S.W. Stone, one mile and a half west, is a parish with a population of 86. The church is in ruins.