Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
RIPPLE is a village, two and a half miles S.W. of Deal, and seven miles north of
Dover. The population in 1851 was 223. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is
small and neat. The living is a rectory in the gift of three alternate patrons.
The Rev. Blain Mandale, M.A., is the rector. Wadling Court is half a mile S.E.;
Wingleton, or Winkleton, half a mile S.W.; Appleton is two miles south.
Letters received through Deal, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Bewicke, Calverley Richard, Esq., Ripple House
Charles, James Charles, Esq., Ripple Farm
Jarvis, John, Esq., Ripple vale
Mandale, Rev. Blain, M.A., Rectory
Sladen, John Baker, Esq., Ripple Court
Marsh, William Slodden, farmer, Winklands, Oaks
Mummery,' William, farmer and miller, Ripple Mill br />