Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
Rolvenden public houses
ROLVENDEN is a parish and village, three miles from Tenterden and three from
Newenden. The church is dedicated to the Virgin Mary; it is built in a simple
but beautiful style of architecture. The living is a vicarage, in the patronage
of the Dean and Chapter of Rochester; the Rev. John William Ramsey is the
The population in 1851 was 1,434.
POST-OFFICE. - Miss Caroline Edwards, Postmistress. Letters arrive from
The, nearest Money Order Office is at Tenterden.
Ayerst, Thomas, M.D.
Blackman, Mr. William
Coombe, Mrs., Spark's House
Cullen, G., Esq.
Goble, Mr. George Gregory
Moneypeny, Captain Robert Charles, Maytham Hall
Morrison, Frank, Esq., the Hall
Ramsey, Rev. John William, Vicar
Thornton, Rev. William, M.A.,. Curate of Benenden
Tweedie, Captain Michael, R.A.
Weller, Captain Montague, Kingsgate House
Witherden, Mr. William