Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
RYARSH, is a small parish, two miles N.W of Malling and eight miles N.W. of Maidstone. The population in 1851 was 449. The church is dedicated to St, Martin. The living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the Honourable John Stratford, and incumbency of the Rev. Lambert Larking, M. A. Alden is a hamlet; partly in this parish, and partly in Addington.
Letters are received through Maidstone. The nearest Money Order Office is at Wrotham.
Golding, William H., Esq., Ryarsh place
Jones, Thomas, Esq.
Larking, Rev. Lambert, M.A., Vicarage
Brooks, Thomas, farmer
Capon, Joseph, Wellington
Frembin, Jesse, farmer
Hatch, James Pellitt, farmer
Jessup, Edward, grocer
Jessup, John, wheelwright
Jessup, William, shopkeeper
Phillips, James, farmer and miller