Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
SHOREHAM is a village and parish, five miles north from Sevenoaks. The
population in 1851 was 1192. The church is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul,
and is an ancient building. The living is a discharged vicarage. The rectory of
Shoreham is with the curacy of Otford. Preston is half a mile north; Upper and
Lower Austin, two miles N.E.; Romney Street and Week Oak, two miles east;
Dunstall, one mile east; Cobhall, or
Copthall, half a mile east; Filson, half a mile south; Sepham, one mile and a
Timberden, one mile N.W.; Great and Little Cockerice, two miles N.W.; Easthill,
two miles S.E.
POST-OFFICE. - Mrs. Harriet Hawkins, Postmistress. Letters arrive from
Coope, George, Esq., Dunstall Priory
Corranoe, Rev. Henry Francis, M.A.
Gregory, John, Esq., Shoreham Cottage
Mildmay, Humphrey F., Esq., Shoreham place
Repton, Rev. Edward, M.A., Vicarage
Wilmot, George, Esq.
Public Houses in Shoreham