Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
SNAVE is a parish, eight miles south from Ashford, and five miles north from New
Romney, in the hundred of Aloesbridge Ham and New Church, lathe of Shepway, East
Kent, The living. is a rectory, in the patronage of the Archbishop of
Canterbury. The Rev. Robert Warrener is the incumbent. The church is dedicated
to St. Augustine. The population in 1851 was 52. Stockbridge is three quarters
of a mile north; Court-at-
Wick, a quarter of a mile west.
Letters received through New Romney, which is also the nearest Money Order
Fisher, Edward, grazier
Tickner, Peter, grazier and farmer