Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
ST. MARY, is a parish, two miles and a half north of New Romney. The population
in 1851 was 119. The church is a neat building, dedicated to St. Mary the
Virgin. The living is a rectory, in the gift of the Crown. The Rev. Henry S.
Mackarness is the incumbent.
Letters received through New Romney, which is also the nearest Money Order
Chittenden, James, jun.
Finn, Stephen, farmer
Lester, Henry, Star