Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
STALISFIELD is a village and parish, seven miles S.W. of Faversham;
10 north of Ashford station. The population in 1861 was 368. The
church is dedicated to St. Mary. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of the
Archbishop of Canterbury ; the Rev. 0. Hollingsworth is the incumbent.
Corn Hill is half a mile S.W.; Crow's Hole one mile and a half S.W.;
Heel half a mile N.E.; Rushmore one mile east; Snode Street one mile and a half
POST-OFFICE - George Harden, Receiver.
Hollingsworth, Rev. Olive, B.A.
Barnard, Edward and James, farmers
Benstead, James, blacksmith, &c.
Chambers, John, farmer
Chapman, William, Plough, and farmer
Chapman, Abraham, Bowl,
Ely, John, farmer
Harrison, Robert, farmer
Horton, James, wheelwright
Horton, Thomas, wheelwright
Rowland, Charles, bricklayer,
Jell, John, farmer
Jenkins, John, farmer
Long, Henry, carpenter
Marden, George, shopkeeper and post-office
Marsh, Henry, wheelwright
Matthews, R., farmer
Miller, James, farmer
Orpin, Edward, farmer
Spice, James, farmer
Spillett, John, farmer
Taylor, Lewis, butcher
Tong, Matthew, parish clerk
Varlis, James, farmer