A listing of historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Wye, Kent. The Wye, Kent listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Melvilles 1958 Directory
Wye is a town, parish, and railway station, 72 miles from London, five N.E. from Ashford Union, East Kent. The town is pleasantly situated in the fertile vale of the Stour, which stream passes through here on its way to Canterbury. The population was, in 1851, 1,095. The church of Saint Gregory and Saint Martin, in its original state, was a large and handsome structure, and was erected by Cardinal Kempe. In the neighbourhood,are Wye Court, Spring Grove, Withersden, Cold Harbour, Welmington, Ollantigh, Marriage, Hermitage, and Pickersden.
|George, Bridge Street, Wye, Ashford||No||Yes|
|Halfway House, Challock, Ashford||No||Yes|
|Kings Head, Church Street, Wye, Ashford||No||Yes|
|New Flying Horse, Upper Bridge Street, Wye, Ashford||No||Yes|
|Old Flying Horse, High Street, Wye, Ashford||No||Yes|
|Swan, Bridge Street, Wye, Ashford||No||Yes|
|Victoria, The Bridge, Wye, Ashford||No||Yes|