All Hallows Lombard Street pub history index
Existed from at least 1827. Originally, the Bell was at 5 Bell Yard, and the White Hart at 6 Bell Yard at least until 1861, with St Michaels Alley intersecting between the two pubs.
Historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels.
Residents at this address.
1805/J Hillyard, White Hart, Bell yard, Gracechurch street/../../Holdens
1827/James Wildyard/../../../LV Asylum
1839/Jas. Hildyard/../../../Pigot’s Directory **
1841/J Hildyard/../../../Post Office Directory
1842/J Hildyard/../../../Robson’s Directory **
1848/James Hildyard/../../../Post Office Directory
1851/James Hildyard/../../../Kellys Directory
1851/Emma Gilbert/Visitor, Milliner/38/Middlesex/Census
July 1853/James Hildyard, deceased/Outgoing Licensee/../../Era
July 1853/Eliza Lane and Mary Evert, daughters and executrixes of James Hildyard/Incoming Licensee/../../Era
1856/Mrs Eliza lane/../../../Post Office Directory
1861/Eliza Lane/Victualler, Widow/57/London City/Census
1861/Maria Evert/Sister, Victualler, Widow/60/St Saviours Southwark, Surrey/Census
1861/Elizabeth Green/Daughter of Lane, Widow/32/London City/Census
1861/Emma Eliza Green/Daughter/6/Newington Butts, Surrey/Census
1861/John Seager/Porter/17/Minories, Middlesex/Census
** Provided By Stephen Harris