You can search the historical London and Pub history sites by surname, street name etc.

Duke Of York, 2 Gateforth Street, Lisson Grove, Marylebone, London

Marylebone index

In Marylebone - 2 Gateforth Street was formerly called 2 Capland Street before 1915.
This pub was rebuilt in its present form in 1932 and closed in 2007; it now operates as a restaurant. **

Historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels.

Duke of York, 2-4 Gateforth Street, NW8 - in April 2008

Duke of York, 2-4 Gateforth Street, NW8 - in April 2008

Kindly provided by Stephen Harris

The following entries are in this format:

July 1851/William Babbini/Outgoing Licensee/../../Era

July 1851/William Palmer/Incoming Licensee/../../Era

1869/George Hayward/../../../Post Office Directory

1881/J Smelt/Licensed Victualler/41/Berkshire/Census
1881/John Pearman/Servant/27/Marylebone/Census

1882/Jn Wm Christian/../../../Post Office Directory

1884/James Andrews/../../../Post Office Directory

1891/Wm Banbery/../../../Post Office Directory

1895/James Thomson/../../../Post Office Directory

1899/F J Morris Fryer/../../../Post Office Directory

1910/Ernest Arthur Everett/../../../Post Office Directory

1915/Ernest Arthur Everett/../../../Post Office Directory

1938/Matthew Wm Bailey/../../../Post Office Directory

1944/Mrs Winifred S Bailey/../../../Post Office Directory


** Provided By Stephen Harris

 

And Last updated on: Sunday, 22-Nov-2020 11:27:43 GMT