St Clements Eastcheap pub history index
A restaurant in 1851; This looks like it is now developed over by Clements House by 1869.
A listing of historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in St Clements Eastcheap parish, City of London. The St Clements Eastcheap of London Public House Trade Directory uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
1856/Edmund Curtis/../../../Post Office Directory
1861/Edmund Curtis/Tavern Keeper/22/London/Census
1861/Emma Curtis/Wife/21/Isle of Wight/Census
1861/Emma Curtis/Daughter/5 months/Clapham, Surrey/Census
1861/Thomas Curtis/Uncle, Traveller/35/Billericay, Essex/Census
1861/Mary Sullivan/Kitchen Maid/19/Ireland/Census
1861/Ellen Carroll/Scullery Maid/25/Ireland/Census
1861/Alice Dykes/Housemaid/18/Andover, Hants/Census