All public house, restaurants, bars etc closed for the forseeable future from 20th March 2020, but this is a pub history site.
St Michael Cornhill index
Sweeting rents are in the east side of Sweeting alley. It is believed that both street and rents were cleared for the rebuilding of the Royal Exchange which re-opened in 1844. An alternative spelling is Sweetings rents, and possibly Swithins rents according to maps. Many of the same occupants are still listed in the 1832 Robsons directory, 1836 Pigots directory, and also as late as the 1840 Robsons directory, but not by 1842.
A listing of historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in St Michael Cornhill parish, City of London.
The following entries are in this format:
Residents at this address
1832/William Gillham/Joes Chop House, 5 Sweeting rents/../../Robsons