Search London wiki and Pub wiki history sites

All public house, restaurants, bars etc closed for the forseeable future from 20th March 2020, but this is a pub history site.

Wine Inn, 159 High Street, Camden Town NW1

St Pancras index

The 1921 street directory lists this as a fish restaurant at the junction with Pleasant place; and a wine retailer by 1934. By 1938 the street is renamed Camden High street at the junction with Underhill place. The buildings were demolished and rebuilt by Bennetts construction in 2015

Historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels.

Wine Inn, 159 High Street, Camden Town NW1

Wine Inn, 159 High Street, Camden Town NW1

Wine Inn, 159 High Street, Camden Town NW1 - in 1936

Wine Inn, 159 High Street, Camden Town NW1 - in 1936

Kindly provided by John Carnaby

Residents at this address.

The Wine Inn was on the corner of Underhill Passage and Camden High Street. On the extreme left of the 2016 image you can see the Brighton/ Stationers Arms, 113 Camden High Street. *

Site of the Wine Inn, 159 High Street, Camden Town NW1 - in 2016

Site of the Wine Inn, 159 High Street, Camden Town NW1 - in 2016

Kindly provided by John Carnaby

1934/R H S Corbett/Wine Retailer/../../Kellys Directory

1938/R H S Corbett/Wine Retailer/../../Post Office Directory

Frank Stanley Barrow was at the Wine Inn with his wife Elisa Winifreda Barrow from 1933 to 1939, from the electoral records. *

His Father, Frank Thomas Barrow aged 36 years in the 1911 census is shown as a Wine Merchant in New Malden Surrey. At that time his son Frank Stanley Barrows was only 3 years old. *

Stanley's Grandfather was Frederick Thomas Barrow who had the Golden Cross, 74 Lancaster Road, Kensington and also the Hereford Arms 127 Gloucester Road SW7. In 1891 he was listed as a Hotel Keeper aged 63. *

* Provided By John Carnaby

 

And Last updated on: Wednesday, 03-Jul-2019 01:22:18 BST