Hampstead pub history index
This pub was destroyed by bombing in 1940 and rebuilt in 1968. It survived until around 2000 and is now demolished. **
The address is later at North End Road by 1911, and the modern address is North End Way,
following street renaming *
This building was bombed and partially damaged on 2nd October, 1940.
Then bombed and totally destroyed 16th October, 1940.
On 7th April 1941 the pub reopened in a temporary tin hut (second picture c1955). this building lasted until
the pub was completely rebuilt in 1968, but has now been replaced with a block of flats.. ***
A listing of historical public houses, Taverns,
Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Hampstead, London.
The Hare & Hounds, North End at the corner of Wildwood Grove in 1930.
Kindly provided by Vincent O'Loughlin
The Hare & Hounds, North End in temporary tin hut, in 1955
The Hare & Hounds, North End as a new pub in 1968, this has now been replaced with a block of flats.
Residents at this address
* Provided By Ewan
** Provided By Stephen Harris
*** Provided By Vincent O'Loughlin