All public house, restaurants, bars etc closed for the forseeable future on 20th March 2020, but this is a history site. But how about the landlords give their tenants a break, no business, then please charge them no rent.
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Oxfordshire. The Oxfordshire listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
Shilton 1863 Dutton, Allen & Co Directory listing
SHILTON is a village and parish, in the detached portion of Berkshire; 2 1/2
miles, SE by S. from Burford, in the union of Witney, and jointly in the
hundreds of Bampton and Faringdon. It is pleasantly situate in a valley, and
watered by a small brook which runs through the village. The church is an
old fabric, comprising nave, south aisle, and chancel containing a piscina.
The font is very ancient, and is adorned by curiously carved images. The
living is a discharged vicarage, in the deanery of Witney, and presentation
of J. H. Lance, Esq., lord of the manor The Rev. Arthur Neate, M.A., is
incumbent. There is a school, endowed with £4 10s. per annum; also a charity
of six acres of land, which is let to the poor, in allotments, the rents
being returned to the occupiers in coal. Amount of acreage, 1494;
Barnes Arthur, Rose and Crown, baker, and shopkeeper
Cook Thomas, farmer
Cottrill Richard,boot & shoemaker
Gardner William, shopkeeper
Jones John, shopkeeper
Killmaster Robert, farmer
Maisey Elizabeth, farmer
Maisey Frederick, farmer
Maisey Wm. P., farmer
Orpwood James, blacksmith
Pinnock Albert, farmer
Smith William, farmer
Trinder Thomas,baker and shopkeeper
Wickins Jas., baker & shopkeeper
Letters through Bampton
**** Provided By Kevan