All public house, restaurants, bars etc closed for the forseeable future on 20th March 2020, but this is a history site
Wincanton pub history index
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Somerset. The Somerset listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
The following entries are in this format:
Year/Publican or other Resident/Relationship to Head and or Occupation/Age/Where Born/Source.
Position not known. Query what had been called the "Angel Inn" and
afterwards "London House"? In 1816, advertised to be Let, apply to Mr.
Blandford. (See Salisbury Journal of that year.) - Inns of the
Parish to 1903 - George Sweetman.
**** Provided By Kevan