Wincanton pub history index
Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Somerset.
Residents at this address
On Bayford Hill or Conduit Hill.
In 1848, or near that time, opened by George Green, a carpenter, by the name of " The Rising Sun," and kept by him until his death, continued by his widow. The present house was built by Isaac March. It has had many tenants, and is now kept by G. R. Sweetman. - Inns of the Parish to 1903 - George Sweetman.
1871/Thomas Lye/Inn Keeper/40/Weston Bampfylde, Somerset/Census
1871/Martha Lye/Wife/41/Horsington, Somerset/Census