Landlords, legends, census records, and lost taverns.
Early names include the Three Arrows, and the Earl of Dublin.
Previously the Three Arrows, and The Earl of Dublin. The Cricketers Arms by 1867. The license was forfeited on 27 October 1888 as the licensee, Joseph William Harper had allowed the premises to be used as a brothel. *HM
1840, John Bainbridge, Three Arrows, 35 Gillygate
1843, Mary Linfoot, Three Arrows, 35 Gillygate
1849, Thomas Sadler, Three Arrows, 35 Gillygate
1851, T. Perry, Earl of Dublin, 35 Gillygate
In 1851 Census at Gillygate, St Giles, York, Yorkshire is the Earl of Dublin
Thomas Perry, Inn keeper aged 51 and born in York, Yorkshire
Selina Perry, Wife aged 50 and born in Sheffield, Yorkshire
Emma Perry, Daughter aged 12 and born in Sheffield, Yorkshire
1858, T Perry, Earl of Dublin, 35 Gillygate, York
1861, T Perry, Earl of Dublin, 36 Gillygate
In 1861 Census at Earl of Dublin, 35 Gillygate, St Giles, York
Thomas Perry, Inn keeper aged 61 and born in York, Yorkshire
Selina Perry, Wife aged 60 and born in Sheffield, Yorkshire
Emma Perry, Daughter aged 22 and born in Sheffield, Yorkshire
In 1871 at 35 Gillygate, St Giles, York, Yorkshire, now the Cricketers Arms
James Hanks, Publican aged 61 and born in York, Yorkshire
Ellen Hanks, Wife aged 69 and born in York, Yorkshire
James Hanks, Son, Painter, aged 37 and born in York, Yorkshire
1872, James Hanks, Cricketers Arms Inn, 36 Gillygate
1876, Thomas Thompson, Cricketers Arms, 36 Gillygate
1885, Richard Wood, Cricketers Arms, 35 Gillygate
*HM - Hugh Murray Directory of York Pubs 1455-2003