Landlords, legends, census records, and lost taverns.
York from the Scotland NLS site in 1852.
License transferred from the Crown, St Sampsons square in 1835. In 1855 it was advertised with a brewery. It closed in 1871 when the brewery went up for sale. *HM
1851, R. Pennack, Crown, 15 Parliament street
1858, Joseph Lambert, Crown, 15 Parliament street, York
1861, Goddard and Francis, Crown, 15 Parliament street
*HM - Hugh Murray Directory of York Pubs 1455-2003