Dagenham pub history index
The modern address is given as Wood Lane. The pub is named as the Plough in the 1871 census, and as simply the Ship in the 1891 census. It isn't named as the Ship and Anchor until the 1901 census. **
A listing of historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Essex. The Essex listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.