Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
BONNINGTON is a parish and village, seven miles and a half S.E. from
Ashford, and seven miles west from Hythe. The church is dedicated to
St. Rumbold. The living is a rectory, in the gift of Thomas Papillon, Esq.;
the Rev. Thomas Clarke, M.A., is the incumbent. The population in 1851
Letters received through Hythe, which is also the nearest Money Order Office.
Clarke, Rev. Thomas, M.A., Rector.
Foord, George, farmer
Higgins, John, barge owner and grazier
Huckstep, Thomas, Royal Oak
Keeler, Henry, farmer
Kesby, John and William, farmers
Sheather, William, farmer
Swain, Basil, farmer