Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
MEOPHAM, or MEPHAM, is a pleasant village, five miles south from Gravesend, and
five miles and a half from Wrotham. The population in 1851 was 1,045. Here is a
fine church, which is beautifully situated. The living is a vicarage.
POST-OFFICE. - John Nevills, Receiver. Letters are received through Gravesend.
Money Orders are granted and paid at this office.
Andus, Mrs. Mary Ann
Barnett, Robert, Esq., Court Lodge
Evenden, John Samuel, Esq.
Hooper, Rev. John
Lane, Mr. William
Longley, Rev. Isaac
Oliver, Mr. William
Poltick, Mrs. Ann
Smith, William M., Esq., Camer
Willsonne, Richard W. S., Esq.
Public Houses in Meopham