Kent Villages, Towns & Public Houses - History, Genealogy & Trade Directories
Kent Villages Home Page | Kent Districts & Kent Lathes |Kent Villages and Towns A - Z
Melvilles 1858 Directory of Kent.
NORTHFLEET is a village, two miles west, from Gravesend; in the union of Strood,
and lathe of Aylesford. The church is one of the largest in the county, and is a
very fine edifice, partly covered with ivy; in the interior are some very
beautiful ornaments. Perry street is a populous district, about a mile south of
PUBLIC BUILDINGS, INSTITUTIONS, &c.
Post-Office, Perry Street. - Stephen Sunnocks, baker, Postmaster. Branch Post
Offices. - John Lippard, Ingress place; William Howes, On the hill, Northfleet.
Dockyard, at Northfleet. - Closed at present, (August, 1857).
Huggins' College, Northfleet - A church and 40 residences, 28 of them occupied.
Mechanics' Institution, Lawn House, Northfleet.
PLACES OF WORSHIP AND SCHOOLS.
Northfleet Church. - Rev. Richard Keats, M.A., Vicar ; Rev. J. Carthew, M.A.,
Independent Chapel, Perry street. - Mr. T. H. Butcher, Minister.
Independent Chapel, Old Dover Road, Northfleet. - Mr. T, B. Butcher, Minister.
National School. - Thomas B. Self, Master; Miss Self, Mistress.
Gentry in Northfleet in 1858
Public Houses in Northfleet & Northfleet
1911 pub history census summary
Traders in Northfleet in 1858