A listing of historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Wingham, Kent. The Wingham, Kent listing uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Melvilles 1858 Directory.
WINGHAM is a considerable village, six miles east from Canterbury, and 62 from London, situated on a small brook, and on the road from Canterbury to Sandwich, in the lathe of St. Augustine, hundred of its own name, and Union of Eastey. It was once a market-town, but has long since fallen into disuse. The church of St. Mary is an old, commodious, and well-built edifice, with a lofty steeple. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Archbishop of Canterbury. The population, in 1851, was 1083. Danbridge is half a mile east; Matherless, half a mile S.E.; Dane Park, one mile south; Bramling, one mile S.W.; Chitterling, one mile N.E.
Henry Phillips, beer retailer, Ship
Edmund Tucker, beer retailer
|Anchor, Wingham, Dover||No||Yes|
|Dog Inn, Wingham, Dover||Yes||Yes|
|Green Man Inn, Shattering, Wingham, Dover||No||Yes|
|Red Lion, Wingham, Dover||Yes||Yes|
|Volunteer Inn, Bramling, Wingham, Dover||No||Yes|