All public house, restaurants, bars etc closed for the forseeable future on 20th March 2020, but this is a history site
Lambeth pub history index
The address should be 23 Lower Fore Street in 1839 and 1842. It is named the Kings Head in 1832, maybe by mistake.
A listing of historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in the Lambeth parish, Surrey, London. This includes Kennington, Brixton, Lambeth, Norwood, Peckham & Waterloo Road.The Lambeth parish, Surrey, London Public House Trade Directory uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Residents at this address.
1825/John Appleyard, Dukes Head, Fore street/../../Victuallers Recognizance *
1827/Samuel Lovesey/Dukes Head, Fore street/../../Licensed Victuallers Association
1832/William Lacey, Kings Head, Old Fore street, Lambeth/../../Robsons Directory
1839/Jos Fleckney/Dukes Head, 23 Lower Fore street/../../Pigots Directory
1842/Jos Fleckney/Dukes Head, 23 Lower Fore street/../../Robsons Directory
1848/William T Critchfield/Dukes Head, Lower Fore street/../../Post Office Directory
1851/James Dawson/Dukes Head, Lower Fore street/../../Kellys Directory
September 1855/James Dawson/Outgoing Licensee/../../Era
September 1855/Charles James Watts/Incoming Licensee/../../Era
1856/Charles James Watts/Dukes Head, Lower Fore street/../../Post Office Directory
June 1856/Charles James Watts/Outgoing Licensee/../../Era
June 1856/William Powell/Incoming Licensee/../../Era
September 1857/William Powell/Outgoing Licensee/../../Era
September 1857/Benjamin Hart/Incoming Licensee/../../Era
* Provided By Ewan