All public house, restaurants, bars etc closed for the forseeable future on 20th March 2020, but this is a history site
Lambeth pub history index
Beer retailer 7 John Street the British Queen was assigned 7 Gundulf Street 14 February 1893 on street renaming: ** It apparently closed in 1909.
A listing of historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in the Lambeth parish, Surrey, London. This includes Kennington, Brixton, Lambeth, Norwood, Peckham & Waterloo Road.The Lambeth parish, Surrey, London Public House Trade Directory uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Residents at this address.
1881/Henry C Dore/Beerhouse Keeper/23/Bittgrave,
1881/Ferdinand J Stelling/Brother In Law, Barman/21/Suffolk/Census
1882/William Milsom/Beer Retailer/../../Post Office Directory
1899/William Bird/Beer Retailer, 10 Gundulf street/../../Post Office Directory
** Provided By Bill Rigby