All public house, restaurants, bars etc closed for the forseeable future from 20th March 2020, but this is a pub history site.
Lambeth pub history index
The address is at 58 Launcelot Street by 1895, following street renaming from 58 James street. *
A listing of historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in the Lambeth parish, Surrey, London. This includes Kennington, Brixton, Lambeth, Norwood, Peckham & Waterloo Road.The Lambeth parish, Surrey, London Public House Trade Directory uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Residents at this address.
1811/G Annand, The Pen Cutters, James street, Lambeth marsh/../../Holdens Directory
1819/Mr Chapman, Pencutters Arms, James street, Lambeth marsh/../../Licensed Victuallers Association
1825/William Fielder/Pencutters arms, James street/../../Victuallers Recognizance
1827/Fielder/../../../Licensed Victuallers Association
1833-34/William Fielder, Pencutters Arms, 25 James street, Lambeth/../../Pigot's Directory
1856/Jenkin Phillips/beer retailer/../../Post Office Directory *
1869/William Hinchliff/beer retailer/../../../Post Office Directory
1881/William Smeed/Beer House Keeper/43/Lambeth, Surrey/Census
1881/Mary Smeed/Daughter/20/Lambeth, Surrey/Census
1881/Elizabeth Smeed/Daughter/15/Lambeth, Surrey/Census
1882/William Smeed/beer retailer/../../Post Office Directory *
1891/Thomas Hirst/beer retailer/../../Post Office Directory *
1895/Thomas Hirst/beer retailer/../../Post Office Directory *
1899/Thomas Hirst/beer retailer/../../Post Office Directory *
* Provided By Ewan