All public house, restaurants, bars etc closed for the forseeable future on 20th March 2020, but this is a history site. But how about the landlords give their tenants a break, no business, then please charge them no rent.
Lambeth pub history index
At just 169 Lyham Road until at least 1934. Named in 1911 census summary and again in 1971. A former Wenlock Brewery house, now owned by Brakspear's. *
A listing of historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in the Lambeth parish, Surrey, London. This includes Kennington, Brixton, Lambeth, Norwood, Peckham & Waterloo Road.The Lambeth parish, Surrey, London Public House Trade Directory uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Residents at this address.
1891/Henry Fisher/Beer House Keeper/31/Uffington, Berkshire/Census
1891/Mary J Fisher/Wife/31/Woolstone, Berkshire/Census
1905/John Williams/Beer Retailer/../../Post Office Directory
1911/Edward William Charlton/Beer House Keeper/55/Chatham, Kent/Census
1911/Alice Jane Charlton/Wife/46/Great Stambrige, Essex/Census
1911/Ethel Maud Charlton/Daughter/21/Shoeburyness, Essex/Census
1919/Edwin Jones/Beer Retailer/../../Post Office Directory
1934/Edwin Jones/Beer Retailer/../../Post Office Directory
1938/Henry Ernest Pearce/Beer Retailer/../../Post Office Directory
1944/Henry Ernest Pearce/Beer Retailer/../../Post Office Directory
1971/../Prince of Wales/../../Pub Directory
2015/John Gerald Hughes/Current licensee/../../..
2017/../Prince of Wales, 169 & 171 Lyham Road, Lambeth, London, SW2 5PY : Brakspears/../../Pub Directory
* Provided By Tris