Lambeth pub history index
The latter day address would be Westminster Bridge Road, but long gone before this street name change.
A listing of historical London public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in the Lambeth parish, Surrey, London. This includes Kennington, Brixton, Lambeth, Norwood, Peckham & Waterloo Road.The Lambeth parish, Surrey, London Public House Trade Directory uses information from census, Trade Directories and History to add licensees, bar staff, Lodgers and Visitors.
Residents at this address.
1825/William Jefferys/../../../Victuallers Recognizance *
1839/John Lloyd/../../../Pigots Directory
1841/John Lloyd/../../../Post Office Directory
1841/Jn H Watchorn/Victualler/40/../Census
1841/John H Watchorn/../3/Surrey/Census
1841/Clara Watchorn/../6 months/Surrey/Census
1841/Susan Mumford/Female Servant/30//Census
1841/Elizabeth Causton/Female Servant/20//Census
1841/Martha Rutledge/Female Servant/15/Surrey/Census
1841/Philip Coxhead/Male Servant/20/Surrey/Census
1841/William Goosey/Male Servant/20/Surrey/Census
1841/William Smith/Male Servant/25/Surrey/Census
1841/James King/Male Servant/35/Surrey/Census
Just to confuse matters, John Watchorn is at the New Dover Castle by 1843, which was previously the Red Lion close to the Rose.
1842/William Glover/../../../Hobsons Directory
* Provided By Ewan